6 reasons why menopausal women should still moisturise in the summer!
I am sure you agree with me when I say that the benefits of keeping your skin moisturised during the Winter is indisputable. But are you wasting your time and money, by keeping up a moisturising regime during the Summer?
These are the reasons why:
1. One reason why you do not think it is necessary to moisturise in the summer is because you perspire. Perspire is not moisture. When you perspire it is the body’s way of cooling you down as you are ‘over heating’. It is not moisturising your skin! In order to perspire, the body uses up a lot of water. The loss of fluids needs to replaced by rehydrating. Hydrating your skin with a moisturising product, helps to seal more moisture in your skin.. Try one here.
- If you have dry skin, maybe as a result of the ageing or changing process, please bear in mind that the sun, air conditioning, can strip away your natural oil, causing your skin to look or feel dry. If you decide not to moisturise during the summer season, the results of this habit would leave your skin more prone to wrinkles , and change the texture to be hard or leathery in appearance.
- Hormonal changes that comes with the menopause, means that your body will produce less oil . So, the use of a moisturising oil today regardless of the season will be providing you with a good foundation enjoy youthful and radiant skin.
- Oily skin still needs moisturising in the summer. The sebaceous glands (found mainly in the scalp or face) produces sebum. This is a natural oily or waxy matter that lubricates the hair and scalp. If your skin gets dry due to the over exposure to the sun, your skin will go into overdrive produce more sebum. which and can cause blemishes. It may sound counterproductive, but using an oil like Monshea shea oil with ylang-ylang which is non comedogenic, it will not block your pores, its innovative formula will balance your skin leaving it moisturised and not greasy.
5.If you enjoy swimming in the summer, you will be very aware of the drying affects that chlorine will have on your skin or hair. In order to protect your skin and hair. Apply a moisture/ natural oil on your skin and hair prior to swimming which will act as a barrier to protect it.
- All hair types need protection from the sum. You can do this by shielding if from the sun by keeping it covered as much as possible. Adding oil onto your hair when it is wet or dry will contribute needed moisture that will minimise the frizzies and avoid a straw like texture that is prone to breaking. Monshea natural oil has a similar composition to sebum so it will absorb into the layers of your skin and hair, leaving it instantly smooth, softer and more radiant. If you would like to try a free sample, order yours today here.